COVID 19 GOVERNMENT UPDATE FEBUARY 2022
Posted on 4th February 2022 at 13:09
COVID 19 goverment update on 4th February 2022.
The guidance covers details of how providers can apply for test kits for their homecare workers and that all homecare workers are to complete an LFT on a daily basis.
Staff are advised to do a daily lateral flow test every day before starting work. This replaces the previous staff testing regime of a weekly PCR test and services should implememt the guidance by 16th February 2022.
Staff are able to order their lateral flow tests from the government site and we have ordered a supply to give to all staff.
Why testing is important -
* Identifies whether homecare workers are likely to have COVID 19 so they can self- isolate if positive.
* To reduce the risk of those receiving care contracting the virus from those who care for them.
* Prevents and controls the spread of the virus by identifying asymptomatic cases.
* Testing with LFTs quickly identifies individuals who are highly infectious, enabling swift action to minimise the spread of the virus.
Homecare workers -
If you are a homecare worker who visits people with care and support needs at their homes, your key responsibilities are to :
* Conduct a daily LFT on the days that you are working before your round begins.
* Register your LFT online as soon as you have completed them using your agencys UON. If you do not have access to the internet, you can also report your results by calling 119.
* Regardless of your results, continue following all infection prevention and control measures such as wearing PPE washing hands and socially distancing where possible.
* If you develop symptoms of COVID 19 isolate at home and order a PCR test to conduct at home imediately.
Share this post: